Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Evidence I wasn’t being EXCESSIVELY paranoid at the time...

In my last post, I mentioned that prior to choosing this blog title, I would’ve bet my lottery winnings that ‘One True Green Lantern’ or 1truegl would’ve been taken by one of the hordes of GL-fan bloggers.

Exhibit A (as lifted from the comments of the Mightygodking post on Major Force):

Ubergeek said:
i]he killed Guy Gardner’s mother for some reason I forget [/i]
Actually, it was GG’s mother’s neighbour, who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the reason was to piss off the One True Green Lantern.

To which DistantFred responded:
Uber Geek: Why would killing Guy Gardner’s mother’s neighbor piss off Alan Scott?

Well played, DistantFred. Well played.

Yes, the mantle of the One-True-Green-Lantern was and still is a source of lively debate.
Some say it’s Hal. Others say it’s Alan. Still others nominate Kyle. Of course, as evidenced by the above, some souls on the interwebs regard Guy Gardner as the Green Lantern most worthy of the title.

To the last group, I’ve got four words to say: “One punch! One punch!”


3 comments:

  1. That was a comment win if I ever saw one!

    Nah, it's G'nort. We all know he's the One True GL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guy Gardner refers to himself as The One True Green Lantern. Whether he actually is or not is irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous. I realise that Guy kept telling himself that, but there are still some fans that make the argument for Guy. I just found DistantFred's comment really funny.

    ReplyDelete